|Location: South Africa » Kwazulu Natal » Battlefields » central drakensberg » Ladysmith|
All 4000 hectares of the farm are fenced for the 17 different types of game, although the main activity is breeding of Brangus cattle. We are located 5 km south of Ladysmith on the N11 next to the Ladysmith airfield.
Situated on the Ladysmith-Battlefields Route
Sympathetically constructed in the style of the colonial era with long overhanging roofs and generous verandas, and set in an enchanting valley framing the Drakensberg mountains, Platrand Lodge has so much to offer: from luxury accomodation to conference and wedding facilities with impressive views and friendly service.
Jabu and Trynie Campher welcome you to Platrand Lodge and would be happy if you choose this establishment as your home for the night. We wish to ensure that your stay will be as peaceful and pleasant as possible. We are situated on one of the oldest, undisturbed battlefields in the world (Wagon Hill, Ceasar's Camp, Burgher Memorial, etc). Platrand Lodge has been established on the farm Fouries Kraal on the Southern boundaries of Ladysmith. The farm is approximately 4000 hectares all of which is fenced for game. Its main activity is breeding Brangus cattle and there are 17 species of game on the farm and abundant bird and wild life. Platrand Lodge is in a malaria free area. We are two hours drive from Durban and three hours from Johannesburg.
| Come and relax in one of our two double executive suites or twenty standard suites where you can enjoy all the amenities you would expect from a luxury establishment: en-suite bathroom with shower, corner bath, double basin and bidet. || |
| Each of our 22 rooms has its own undercover parking. All rooms are equipped with a fully stocked bar fridge, air conditioning, hair dryer, selected DSTV channels, tea / coffee facilities, room service and safe. Enjoy the view of the bushveld from your own private balcony. 24-hour security provides peace of mind.|
|Isbaya' Bar |
Come and enjoy your favourite cocktail over a pub lunch in our Nguni cattle-themed bar, or watch your favourite SuperSport channel on our big screen. Otherwise you can relax outside at tables around the traditional african fireplace. Our 'Isbaya' traditional pub lunch is a must-have.
| || |
| Bar hours: Mon-Thurs 12h00-14h00, 18h00-22h00. Fri-Sat 12h00-24h00. Sun 11h00-15h00. |
| || |
'Die Banket' - Conference / Wedding Venue
This venue can easily accomodate up to 250 persons for weddings and up to 400 persons for conferences. It is fully equipped with a sound system (including roaming mics and DJ equipment.). We offer a choice of table settings to suit your colour scheme. The venue features a danc e floor and a stunning view of the bushveld from the verandah.
Our smaller, air-conditioned conference room, 'The Councillor' is the ideal venue for a smaller group of between 25 and 30 people.
Attractions Whilst visiting our establishment there are many activities in and around the lodge that may be of interest to you:
· Swimming and relaxing at our pool area.
· Enjoying the view in our lovely natural garden with a book.
· Bird and Game watching – there are approximately 310 different species of birds and 17 species of game in our area.
· Collect a knobkerrie at reception and go for a walk on the game farm.
· Mountain biking
· A leisurely jog amongst nature.
· Catching Carp and Bass in one of our 17 dams.
· Hunting on the farm.
· Visit the museum situated at the lodge.
· On a rainy day browse through some of our interesting books or play games available from reception.
· Relax and enjoy a cocktail in our “Isabaya” ladies bar.
· Sip Port in front of the fireplace in the “Victorian” lounge.
· Savor the sunset with a glass of Champagne or Sparkling Wine on the verandah.
· Book a picnic basket to be enjoyed in the tranquility of our garden.
· View the stunning scenery on horseback.
· Enjoy good food in our “Colonial restaurant”.
· Keep the children occupied in the “Woelwater” kiddie’s room.
· A walk through our historical sites with three routes to choose from.
· Visit the Central Drakensburg Heritage site which is approx.30mins drive from Ladysmith. Apart from the breathtaking scenery there are lots of restaurants, coffee and Curio shops along the way.
· Visit our World renowned Drakensberg Boys Choir and enjoy one of their performances – for bookings dial 036 4681012.
· Enjoy a game of squash, tennis or golf at our local country club.
· Visit the smallest church in the Southern Hemisphere at Van Reenen. This is about 60kms from Ladysmith on the R103 Harrismith road.
· Visit the Nambithi Conservatory to see the “Big Five”.
· Spioenkop Dam and Nature reserve is about a 20 min drive from Ladysmith.
· Enjoy the Ladysmith Museum and Culture Centre.
· Visit the farmers market in Ladysmith every Saturday morning from 07hoo – 10h00 at Settlers Drive.
· Enjoy a Microlight flip.
· Visit the “Soofi” Mosque and other historical buildings in Ladysmith.
· Enjoy a Historical Tour with a guide.